About ReNew Power Centre Of Excellence
Set up by ReNew Power in partnership with IIT Delhi in 2017, the ReNew Power IIT Delhi Centre of Excellence is a state of art research & development facility aimed at developing cutting-edge renewable energy solutions and foster exchange of ideas between industry, academia and policy makers from across the world. The centre offers research and internship programmes for bright and deserving undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. students. The centre also develops advocacy papers and research reports on renewable energy policy matters for multilateral organizations. One of the key features of the centre is a set of programs to promote women entrepreneurship, startups and other policy initiatives in the field of renewable energy.
It is the centre’s vision to be a platform for cutting-edge research which can feed into the existing research in renewable energy and be the basis of technological advancements and policy recommendations in this sector.
To transform the research landscape in renewable energy and provide cutting-edge research solutions to foster technological advancements and recommend policy changes in this sector.
Aims and objectives of the Centre of Excellence
The objective of the Centre is to foster exchange of ideas, promote research on latest technology and help develop renewable energy applications suited to the Indian context.
- Establish a world-class research & development facility to develop cutting-edge renewable energy solutions suited to Indian context
- Foster exchange of ideas between industry, academia and policy makers from across the world
- Offer research and internship programmes for bright and deserving undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. students
- Develop advocacy papers and research reports on renewable energy policy matters for the Government of India and multilateral organizationss
- Promote women entrepreneurship in the field of renewable energy